Here is a review of Lovemore Mask Loofah and Aloe Vera Hydrating Mask Sheet —make your skin look healthier and more radiant than ever!
Nowadays, I feel like I could definitely use a mask sheet at least once or twice a week. The heat and pollution around us can give much dryness to our skin. So, skincare is one of the investments I took care of this year.
I have also observed that having a well-moisturized skin the night before does wonders on my face the next day! With or without make-up, my face would look brighter and more supple. That itself led me in investing more on skincare. Hence, these Lovemore mask sheets.
Lovemore Loofah and Aloe Vera Hydrating Mask Sheet is created with pure deep ocean water as the base with added plant extracts. They have used traditional formulas gathered from all over Taiwan and combined carefully selected beauty ingredients that would provide the much needed nutrition for the skin.
Where to buy Taiwanese Skincare Mask Sheets?
We bought this for ~199 NTD (PHP 335) for a Box of 5 at Sapporo Drugstore at Ximending; 28mL per pack. If you would look around, drugstores are readily accessible at Ximending! Some of the usual would be Watsons, Cosmed, Sapporo Drugstore and Tomods to name a few. Even 7-11 has stocks of these masks!
Nonetheless, online shops are already everywhere. Just type in the mask sheets you want then pronto, you can have them delivered right to your doorsteps!
Loofah and Aloe Vera Mask Ingredients
I researched a little on what these ingredients do to our skin. Listed them in order of how they were shown as well at the back of the packaging.
- Water , Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sea water — basis for the hydrating power of the mask sheet; humectants
- Xantham gum — emulsion stabilizer with water-binding power
- Glycosyl trehalose — with water-binding properties keeping the skin well-moisturized; said to have antioxidant properties
- Luffa cylindrica (Loofah) fruit/leaf/stem extract — makes skin firmer; loofah is used as an exfoliant so I guess rubbing the essence more onto the face after would give a better outcome
- Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin — synthetic preservatives
- Solluble collagen — skin supplement to firm up the skin; humectant
- Iodopropynyl butylcarbamate — water-based preservative that is safe when used in less than 0.1% concentration
- Aloe barbadensis (Aloe vera) leaf juice powder — soothing and cooling property that is ideal for irritated skin
- Hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid — moisturizing property; humectant
Directions on How to Use Lovemore Mask
- Wash your face with your desired facial cleanser
- Apply toner
- Take out the mask sheet from the package and remove the pearly white film
- Position the silk mask over your entire face
- Leave on for 15 to 20 minutes
- After removing the mask sheet, gently massage the residue of serum on the face with finger tips
- Continue your normal skincare routine
Lovemore Taiwan Mask Verdict
It has a cooling effect the moment I had it at 5 minutes onto the face. The fragrance wasn’t much of a bother, so that’s a plus! Even after the 20-minute mark, the mask has a lot of essence still. So upon removal, I gently massaged the residue and gave justice to the loofah ingredient’s exfoliating power. Don’t forget to massage as well at the neck area! Give your neck some lovin’! 😉
The next day, I had a well-moisturized skin! I haven’t observed any skin irritation, too. I left the house with just a lip tint and my Celeteque facial moisturizer with SPF 30 on, and that was already enough for the day. Really good hydrating power!
My only concern is the concentration level of iodopropynyl butylcarbamate. As I’ve said above in the list of ingredients, it is approved for topical cosmetic use at level less than 0.1% concentration. This wasn’t indicated, however, at the back of the packaging (although it’s at the last part of the ingredients so maybe it’s “safe to say” that it’s below the threshold). I’ve read as well on its possibility of being an allergen. So, watch out for any skin reaction. Not all will have the same skin reaction to a certain product, so always be vigilant on this one in ANY topical product. 🙂
Overall, my skin (Skin Type: Combination) received much hydration it needed, it had a good reaction onto my skin, no irritation upon use, but with a slight concern over one ingredient, and the price of ~67PHP per pack… I rate it a 3.5/5! ♥
You may also like: Beauty Diary Rose Moisturizing Essence Mask Review